Our sustainability values statement
- We believe that it is the responsibility of individual business owners to protect and nurture plant and animal wildlife in a responsible and sustainable way.
- We value traditional, sustainable practices and low-impact chemicals over convenience and automation which often lead to environmental impoverishment.
- We aim to follow and champion good sustainability practices, reduce the environmental impacts of our activities, and give something back to our community and the environment.
Our sustainability policy
We will uphold sustainability practices by:
- Ensuring we comply with all relevant environmental regulations and legislation.
- Reducing our consumption of resources including energy, water, and other raw materials, and ensuring the efficient use of the resources we do consume.
- Reducing food waste by asking guests to order what they want and cooking it fresh and on-time with no buffet options.
- Ensuring consideration is given to the environmental, social, and ethical impacts of the goods and services we buy.
- Working with our local suppliers to reduce the impact of our supply chain and to encourage them to improve their sustainable and environmental practices.
- Managing waste generated from our business in line with the waste hierarchy; by avoiding waste in the first place, then giving priority to minimising, reusing, recycling, recovery of waste, and finally ensuring the safe disposal of waste.
- Regularly reviewing our practices with the aim of continually improving the impact of our business activities on the environment, local community, and wider society.
- Measuring and taking action to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions associated with our business activities.
- Supporting social and environmental projects and initiatives within our community or in wider society.